Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Checkmate Note Cards

We're going to a young friend's Chess themed birthday party today. Not only is this just one of Ian's friend, but one that he considers very important. While both boys are just 6, I wanted to encourage them to remain friends as each of our families move onto the next phases of life. I know that I really value friends I have known for most of my life. So, I came up with the following gift idea.



Chess themed Notecards to be used to keep in touch by writing.






I created the patterns for each shape and then used card stock I had around the house to cut each one out.


Luckily I also had some envelopes around and so I tucked those behind the "chess pieces" and wrapped it all up with a long strip of paper. Voila, a hand made, personalized present, to encourage friendship longlasting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment