Monday, October 19, 2009

Wedding pieces



This summer I was fortunate enough to create some simple yet elegant hair pieces for a wedding. What was so exciting to me about this was that the gal who got married is one of the granddaughters of Mrs. Margret Dierks. You may be wondering why that is significant. Well, I'll tell you. It was Margret, who in her late eighties, inspired my love of French Beaded flowers and taught me some basics. I loved visiting her home which was just full with beautiful beaded flowers of all shapes and sizes and covering many surfaces. Margret continuted to create beaded flowers into her nineties, until she couldn't any longer. Thanks Margret!

I made six different pieces for the bride to choose from using vintage glass pearls to create the flowers and Swarovski crystals for the centers. The bride chose a few and added them into the twists in her hair to create the look she wanted. Unfortunately I can't show you a picture of the final look because I don't have one. However, if one should come my way I will surely post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment