Saturday, February 15, 2014

Coated

Another technical process I learned was powder coating.  Which for this class was process of applying a colored powder onto a metal object and electrically bonding the powder to the metal.  Once the powder is applied, then you heat the object in a small oven to cure it.  Below you can see my sample.


Even though this process seems straight forward and like an easy way to add color to an object, for some reason it was difficult for me to get right. I had a hard time getting the powder to thoroughly coat my small object and cure well.  As such, since we weren't required to do a powder coat final, I chose not too and just incorporated a powder coated element into the class final project which you will see in a few weeks.

If you are interested in learning more about powder coating, check out this great video by  Michael Dale Bernard


No comments:

Post a Comment