Friday, August 17, 2012

Copper Hollow Form Ring

Although I have been remiss about posting for the past long while, I'm hoping to catch up and get back on track.  Here's my first post on the way.  These are images of the first project from my spring class, Metals I.  The project was a copper hollow from ring made from sheet copper.



All of my copper parts as well as my paper mock up.


The ring and side wall have been soldered to the back plate.


After sitting in the pickle.

 
Using a handsaw, I cut the soldered back plate into the desired outer shape of the ring and removed the copper to create the opening for my finger.


All parts are now soldered together.


After pickling.


Finally, after sawing off the thin edge, I hand polished the whole thing to a fine grit.

No comments:

Post a Comment